Friday, May 2, 2014

Santa Cruz

Wow, I have officially become a terrible blogger. We got back from Santa Cruz weeks ago so I am embarrassed to be posting this now. But, better late than never, amiright? I sincerely apologize to my avid blog readers for going so long without a post.

Anyway, after we crossed the road block and got in a random bus on the other side we arrived hungry and tired in Santa Cruz. Laura, Maddy, Olivia and I went to get dinner (and ice cream) and then headed back to the hotel. I knew before hand that there was a pool at the hotel but I had been joking that there was going to be a swim up bar--and then there was! It was really just bar stools in the pool, no actual bar, but still it was pretty exciting to learn that I could predict the future. So anyway, we bought our own supplies and enjoyed the swim up every night we were there.
Olivia with the ice cream and chocolate cake
Sundae that we split. I honestly probably could've
eaten the whole thing myself if I had really tried.
Swim up bar lanterns. The real reason we have headlamps.

The next day we had free time so a bunch of us went to the zoo. We had heard great things about the zoo and also that it was going to be super depressing so I didn't really know what to expect. It was a little bit sad, as all zoos are, but mostly it was pretty cool. It also was a great opportunity to take awesome photos posing like animals. The best part of zoo trips for sure.



That night was Tuesday which means two for  one tuesdays at dumbo, the ice cream place. It was kind of embarrassing to hold one cone in each hand, but mostly I felt pretty awesome. It was my dinner after all so I can't feel that bad.

Our last day in Santa Cruz I discovered that there are situations when sunblock just doesn't work. Literally, the sun is just too strong and my fair irish skin can't handle it. We went to visit the sand dunes which had been created because of all of the deforestation in the area. We walked and sweated to arrive at the dunes where I decided it was a good idea to take my shoes off and then had to run across them because my feet were getting burned. Although incredibly physically uncomfortable it was a pretty amazing thing to see.
Yes, this is a snapchat, but it is the best documentation I
have of my horrendous sunburn

No comments:

Post a Comment